One of our daily needs to be fully alive is to drink beverages or liquid such as water, juice, liquor and many more. We need to take beverages with our food for us to intake all of the solid foods we ate.
In fact, many of people drinks the so called liquor because for them it is pleasure, it makes them happy or cool, makes them warm when the weather is cold as well as it is one way of getting together with their friends, family or companions.
Liquor is one of distilled beverage; it is an alcoholic drink that is produced by distillation of a blend or combination that is produced from alcoholic fermentation. In this procedure it removes diluting components or a mechanism like water. So that it will increase the portion of alcohol content. When distilled beverages contain more alcohol it considered as harder. Like in North America where they use the word hard liquor to distinguish from those not destined ones, which typically weaker.
Different Types of Liquor
- Absinthe- This type of liquor came from botanicals like flowers of wormwood and leaves. Mix with some culinary, sweet fennel and herbal medicines. It contains 45-74% alcohol content. Typically it has green color, but sometimes it may be colorless. It is usually referred as the green fairy. It is not traditionally bottled with added sugar.
- Arrack – Typically, arrack liquor wasa type of liquor, usually produced in Southeast Asia or in the South. It is distilled sugarcane, fruits, red rice and sap of coconut. It may also spell out as Arak. It was blended in old wooden barrels; it was constantly distilled until the manufacturer meets its taste and color objective.
- Baijiu- This type of liquoris commonly colored white from the country of china. It was also called shaojui. Bijou was distilled from grains or from fermented sorghum. In fact, it’s one of the strongest distilled spirits with 40-60% alcohol content. Southern China makes use of glutinous rice; sometimes on the other hand, northern Chinese usually uses millet, wheat and barley as an alternative of sorghum. Its mouth feel was closely similar to vodka.
- Brandy- A liquor, whichis derived from the Dutch word brandewijn. It contains 35-60% alcohol content that is produced by distilling wine. It is commonly taken after dinner. As the years pass by it has been known as fire winner. It was usually made from grapes. Some of its products were produced by the combination of aging and coloring. Brandy is also achieving from the distillation and the cleansing of pomace, a wine with some other fruit. Known as eaux-de-vie.
- Borovička- Also called as Juniper brandy, is a Slovak alcoholic liquor beverage with juniperberry Its taste is similar to dry gin distinguished by writing or golden color. Its minimum alcohol content is 37.5% of the Slovakia law. But today its alcohol content is commonly 40%. Most people from Poland and Slovak consumed this type of liquor.
- Cachaça- This type of wine is distilled fromsugar cane Also referred to pinga, aguardente and caninha. It is most popular in Brazil and outside the country. It was commonly an ingredient in tropical drinks. With 38-40% alcohol content. And the most popular cocktail.
- Gin– Itis the most common classical drinks produced from fermented or distilled grains. It is a dry spirit beverage derived from the taste of juniper berries. In early times, gin is an herbal medicine, but as time pass by it become a product in industry and commerce. Usually gin is colorless, sometimes yellowish in color. For many times, gin has won the title of cocktail drinks until vodka exceed that title. But still many of drinkers much preferred to choose this liquor.
- HorilkaIt is typically a Ukrainian alcoholic drink that is generic sense of vodka. It is distilled from grains like the other liquor type. Some were distilled from sugar beets or honey. It is believed that it’s not strong as today with 20% alcohol content. But some alcohol industries try to increase its alcohol content to 40%.
- Kaoliang- Also known as Sorghum wine is an alcoholic drink which came from china. And primary acquired by Taiwanese and Koreans. It was originated from Dazhigu during Ming Dynasty. It is a popular product of Matsu and Kinmen. Alcohol content ranges from 38- 63%.
- Maotai– It is one of the big brands. A Chinese liquor beverage produced in Malta. It is also distilled from sorghum and now has a different variety. It has a lingers fragrance and become popular spirits at state
- Metaxa– Type of liquor based on brandymixed with wine and other flavorings. It is a Greek alcohol beverage. That is being exported to 65 countries. Although it is expensive is has usually a drier taste.
- Mezcal– This type of alcoholic drink is distilled from the maguey plant an agave plant grown in Mexico. A type of alcoholic beverage that is best option to be alternative for margaritas. Mezcal is derived from the word Nahuati means oven cooked agave.
This is an alcoholic distillate from a plant known as maguey. Mexico usually exports this product to Japan and United States.
- Ogogoro- It is distilled from Raffia juice came from palm trees. It was being cut in the trunk. After extraction, the collected sap or liquids were boiled to form steam, condensed and ready for collection and consumption. This type of liquor is an African alcohol beverage. Its alcohol content is ranging from 30-60%. This drink is usually dangerous if improperly brewed some report said.
- Pisco- It is produced in wine making regions of Peru and Chile. It is commonly distilled from grapes. And a colorless or sometimes yellowish to amber in color. It was alternative too range and imported to the country like Spain.
- Rum–Is very popular and referred by pirates and navy sailors. It was made from the distillation of molasses or sugar juice. It is commonly consumed in Caribbean Islands and spread in South American country. It is produce in a variety of grades and usually served as a well-liked accepted as medium of economic exchange, used to assist fund enterprises. Its three main categories are dark, light and spice, used for cooking, mixing and cooking.
- Shochu- This type of liquor is a distilled Japanese brew completed from rice barley, buck wheat and sweet potatoes. Commonly, its alcohol content is 25% which is weaker than whiskey or vodka, but it is stronger than sake and wine which contains 35% alcohol drink.
- Tequila- A liquor which is usually produced from blue agave, a plant grown in Mexico. It is 100% blue agave. Thus; being sold with a higher price other than any liquor for it is a pure blue agave. Tequila drinkers usually drink this beverage with slice citrus fruit or tomato juice. The most common type of tequila typically consumed was sunrise and margaritas.
- Ţuică- A traditional Roman alcohol beverage with 28-60% alcohol content made from plums. And some were produced from rachie or rachi, a cereal grain. It was also spelled as tzuica, tuica, tsuica depending upon locations.
- Vodka – Primarily one of the purest liquor around the world. Distilledbeverage composed of ethanol and water with flavorings. It is odorless and clear made from grains, potatoes, fruits and sugar. Its minimum alcohol content is 37.5%. Vodka summons from Russia and Eastern Europe. Usually it has been drinking without any water, ice, or other mixer though it is chilled when being served. Its consumption is different depending upon the particular regions.
- Whiskey- A distilled alcoholic drink made or produced from fermented grain mash. Including corn, barley, wheat and rye. Is it commonly aged in wooden barrel or casks and made of charred oak. It is a worldwide type of liquor with many kinds or types. It is usually distilled 2-3 times to make its flavor improved. Some brands of whiskey are Tennessee whiskey, Luxco brand, Kentucky vintage and many more.
Drinking Alcoholic beverages or liquors is usually the way where people want to celebrate, be with their friends and sometime to hide their problems. Though they use this drink to be happy, always remember that alcoholic drink is one type of drug that we should be responsible in consuming this kind of beverages. It can be addicting and too much may be dangerous to someone’s health, so be responsible and enjoy life to the fullest.